Sunday, January 20, 2013

Oh Captain My Captain

Last Saturday, we were asked by Sister Web to help out with the Young Women's Girls Camp Reunion.  I guess I should say Chris and Sister Web had a deal going that she would speak in Sacrament meeting in December if Chris would help out with this activity. 

The theme was World Cruise Tour and Chris was asked to be the captain of the cruise.  I was to be his first (and only) mate.  Sister Web wanted us to have some fun dancing music going while all the girls arrived and to teach the girls some of the typical line dances; electric slide, cupid shuffle, etc.  It was so much fun.  I guess since we have DJed the last few youth dances people think we're pretty music/dance savvy. 

We think the girls enjoyed it and probably thought we were total dorks.  Chris even attempted to limbo all while yelling out "I'm not 19 anymore!"  The night was wonderful and I really hope the girls enjoyed themselves and learned some important gospel principles. 

FYI totally found that jacket at Goodwill for $4.99.  AND it's from Ann Taylor!  Crazy good deal.  There was this dress there too that would have been perfect.  It was navy blue, had shoulder pads, and had a pocket with an anchor, however it was too big and would have been a hassle to try and take in.

Had to add this picture too.  While we were taking the picture up top Sister Gray decided to fly right in.  I just love her sweet smile in it!


6 comments:

  1. Aww, you two are too cute. Yes, Sister Gray does have a great smile. Thanks for following back too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are so fun! And I love your outfits! Seriously though, what on earth is a Girls Camp Reunion? (Don't they do that every summer when they have girls camp again? ha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I love the pictures of you and your captain, I love the title of your post even more!!!! Cliford is a sacred film in my household!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wanted to let you know that i nominated you for the Libester blog award! congrats! http://myeloquentrambles.blogspot.com/2013/01/my-first-liebster-award-ahhh.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Your jacket PERFECTION.
    2. The dress you described MUST-HAVE, next time you find something like that you shoot me a text and I'll take it in I love little projects like that :) (so feel free to go back and get it).
    3. I wish I could have see you guys dancing

    ReplyDelete