Wow... yes it's been awhile. Chris and I are alive and doing well. Let's just say life got in the way and blogging has been put to the side. Between Christmas and New Years some things went down that I'm not going to get into but we are starting to finally feel back to normal.
Quick run down of what has happened lately:
1. Chris was released back in February from the bishopric and was called as the young men's president
2. I was released as a young women's adviser and now teach gospel doctrine. For reals, hardest calling I have ever had. I swear I have never prayed so much in my life and I have come to really love the scriptures. I am still trying to understand why Heavenly Father wants me there, especially me being 25 and teaching people older and wiser than me but for now I am enjoying it.
3. For Valentine's Day I got Chris TaeKwonDo classes so he is doing that now and is loving it. Twice a week he goes to a strength and conditioning class and then twice a week his TaeKwonDo class. It's something he's wanted to do ever since he was a kid so I'm happy to make his dream come true. Plus, Chris doesn't really have many hobbies so this is a great one for him.
4. Since the end of January I have been assistant coaching a middle school girl's softball team with a good friend from high school that I played softball with. I love it. The girls are so sweet and goofy. It's kept me busy and has given me something to fill my time with. It's great being back on the field and it's very rewarding too. Plus, I see this as my void to not being in young women's anymore.
5. We have been DJ-ing a lot more lately. It's a great way to make some extra money but it's also a great way to make connections in town. I love that we get to do it together and we have fun. This month we DJ-ed two weddings and a young single adult dance. We also learned a new line dance to a song called "Fine China" by Chris Brown and taught it to the YSAs, they seemed to like it.
6. I'm super excited because I will be going to Girls Camp again this June as the assistant camp certification specialist. I had such a great time last year and feel honored that the stake asked me to come again. I guess I did something right. So basically after softball ends girls camp mode will kick in and I'll have to start getting ready for that.
That really seems to be it. We're both looking forward to the coming months. This May is our 5 year Anniversary! Where the heck did the time go? We're looking forward to it. We've got some fantastic plans to celebrate.
So as you see we haven't fallen off the earth, just have been a little out of touch with life but are back on track. Next post won't be so far away and hopefully some pictures.