Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Two" Infinity and Beyond!

Last Sunday Chris and I celebrated our two year anniversary.  It still blows my mind that it's been two years.  I mean, when we got to one year it was crazy fast but two years was even faster!  We decided that we would celebrate all weekend long, starting Friday evening after work.

The owners of Cabot Lodge (the place where Chris works) came in the hotel last Wednesday or Thursday with a couple of FSU Baseball tickets for Friday night.  We decided why not... they're free!  I have never been to a FSU baseball game and Chris has... and we have never gone together.  It was really fun!  They played Clemson and didn't do to well.  We arrived there right after Chris got me from work so we didn't get a chance to eat so we decided to leave after the fifth inning.  FSU was losing 7 to 0.  Not that exciting of a game.  But fun none the less.  It was cool though that I was able to go to my first Major League Baseball game and college baseball game all in one month.






After leaving the game we made our way to Pitaria.  If you haven't been to this amazing Medditeranian restaurant you are missing out!  I usually get these Chicken Caesar Pita but this time I tried their hummus and veggie one.  Chris got his normal traditional gyro.  Of course after dinner we needed to have dessert so we headed right next door to get some Sun Berry.  Another first for both of us.  FYI we had coupons for both Pitaria and Sun Berry so it wasn't to hard to choose where we wanted to go.  Sun Berry was soooo good.  I love frozen yogurt no matter what but this was pretty darn yummy.  I tried their mystic raspberry.  Anything with the word mystic in it's title must be good I would think.




After Sun Berry we headed over to Nate and Mindi Long's so Chris could help Nate get the DJ equipment over to the church to set it up for the State Youth Dance the next evening.  I forgot to mention at first the Chris got me the nicest gift.  He went to Bath and Body Works and got me this cute watering can that had lotion, body spray, shower gel, and a lufa.  He is too kind to me and the sent is amazing! Overall a great first day of our weekend of celebrating!



My extremely kind and handsome husband =)

Saturday morning we went to the movies and saw Thor.  We both have been wanting to see it since it came out and since we like not paying an arm and a leg for movies we go to the first movie time on Saturday mornings.  Totally worth it!  



After the movie we went to rack room shoes to get Chris some new tennis shoes and then we headed over to Governor's Square Mall for a little more shopping.  I had some coupons for Ann Taylor Loft and White House Black Market I wanted to use.  Overall another success.  We got a $5 pizza from Little Caesar's and headed home to relax a little before the dance.

We had the opportunity to DJ the youth dance that night.  Nate usually asks Chris to help out DJing when he is double booked.  Nate went to a wedding in Saint Augustine that same night so he asked Chris if he could DJ the dance.  It was sooo much fun.  We love interacting with the youth and we never miss a chance to go to fun dances as we both love to dance.  The youth seemed to have a great time.  They loved Chris.  Chris would go out once in awhile and dance with them.  He and I even started a train for the song "Ride the Train."  We thought they were going to know the song and what to do but they didn't so we decided to help 'em out by starting the train.  They loved it!
My sister and brother in law got Chris this nice shirt and cufflinks for his graduation.  They have his initials on them both and look pretty darn sharp.



Sunday was just a typical Sunday.  However this day I was a little Betty Crocker.  I made my first pot roast in the crock pot and I made homemade from scratch cupcakes and frosting.  I told Chris that after two years I am officially a house wife because I made my first pot roast (that came out AMAZING!) and homemade cupcakes.  Plus I think I looked pretty cute doing it all =)

I made the batter yellow (one of our wedding colors) and the frosting purple since yellow and purple are complementary colors. HAHA!


Table is set even with Sparkling Grape Juice... fancy huh?



These past two years have been amazing and we have been blessed extremely.  We are so thankful for our eternal marriage and I'm happy to be sealed to my best friend.  He's pretty much amazing!  "Two" infinity and beyond!!

No comments:

Post a Comment