Sunday, July 15, 2012

Best Temple Day Ever

Wow... sorry for slacking.  Let's just say school picked back up two weeks ago and I am more busy this six weeks than the last.

On June 23rd we went down to Orlando to go to the Temple.  We were super excited to just spend the day together.  Plus I was done with the school and was ready for a nice break.  The day before one of my really good friends posted that she and her husband were in Orlando and they we through the Temple for the first time and the next day they were going to be sealed.  So I frantically responded to her post that we were going to be there and totally wanted to just see her.  It had been five years.

We got up super early and left and arrived there around 9:30a.m. and went for the 10a.m. session.  After we went to do some sealings and I noticed a woman in there from the Fort Myers stake where I use to live and heard her say she had to leave soon to go to a sealing.  Well, I knew she was there for my friend Sarah soooo... we stayed and did sealings for a little bit.  Lance and Kristen Anderson came in and it was so awesome to see them! We always love seeing people we know at the Temple.

Then I proceeded to kinda stock the waiting area waiting to see when Sarah's mom would be in there.  OH and I stocked the celestrial room too. haha. Well it was getting to noon and I thought okay they have to be going up soon.  We left and went down to stock outside the bride's room.  Upon going down the stairs I saw her husband about to go into the celestrial room so I knew she would be coming out soon.  We well waited and waited and I told Chris I'm just going to go up and see if we missed her because they would go on the elevator and not take the stairs.  Well, I saw Chris make a face when the bride room door opened and so I knew she was coming out.  I was SO happy and excited to see her I quickly went down the stairs and just hugged her.  Also cried... I'm a sucker but it was just so awesome to see her for the first time in five or so years in the Temple on the day she would be sealed to her husband.

Quick background.  She and her husband got married about a year or two ago and then made it to the Temple.  I was just so happy.  I just wanted to see her but her mom was like "well we're going up right now." I said well if you want us to and Sarah said she meant to send an invitation but they didn't have our address and so it just all worked out in the end.

I just love seeing and hearing about my friends who have made it to the Temple to make those scared covenants.  I just think to myself that we made it!  We went through the young women's program together and made that goal to go to the Temple and we did it.  It's such a blessing!

Sarah's Family

First Time coming out!




Overall an awesome day! After the pictures we went inside to the cafeteria and had our lunch we brought.  Then just headed home.  


1 comment:

  1. It was a great temple day! Glad we ran into you guys there!

    ReplyDelete