Monday, March 11, 2013

Pinterest Fail and Success, Part 2.

This is part two of my pinterest failure and success, here's the first part; the failure.  This post will be a little more happy since it's a success.

This is the picture from the website and the recipe.  I made some changes on this one too and they turned out great.  Still didn't look like the picture but they tasted EXCELLENT!


  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup whole-wheat flour
  • 1 cup rolled oats + a couple extra tablespoons for topping
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
  • ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
  • 1 cup milk
  • ¾ cup applesauce
  • ¾ cup packed brown sugar
  • ⅓ cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups carrot, grated


I didn't have any cupcake papers so the first batch were just right in the cupcake tin and the second batch I decided to try it with parchment paper.  I didn't want to put the oats on the top either.  But what I did differently was instead of the oil I used applesauce.  Instead of milk I used greek yogurt, instead of brown sugar I used honey, I didn't have any ground cloves, and no egg.  They tasted so good.  Chris liked them a lot too.  WAY better then the triple chocolate chunk failure.  These will definitely be made again.

However, no matter what our favorite things to make is our TWO go to pizzas.

   We have pizza at least once a week.  We have our own recipe and everything.  Chris is the pizza master.  He's got the dough recipe down and rolls it out perfecto!



 Yes, we have to have it be half and half because I only like veggies on my side and Chris only likes pepperoni.  Needless to say, it's kinda silly looking but oh so yummy!

Our other pizza that we make is sweet potato crust pizza with homemade pesto sauce and zucchini, squash, onions, tomatoes, and pepperoni and cheese for Chris.

 This is the dough before it goes in the oven.  See the little bits of sweet potato?

So so SOOOO yummy.  I crave both of these pizzas every week.  One of our favorites for sure.  These will always be SUCCESSES!  Happy Pinning Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think you need to share the pizza dough recipe because it looks amazing, seriously sweet potatoe dough might become my next obsession

    ReplyDelete