Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pinterest Fail and Success

We all love pinterest... let's be real.  The one thing though is there are many times that the things we decide to do, like making food, a craft, etc. don't turn out just the way we expected.  Therefore, we place a big fat "F" for fail on that task.  However, oh that sweet sweet joy and elation of success when we did something right, or even better, if turned out better than what was given on pinterest. 

Well, I have had my share of failures and successes when it comes to pinterest. 

First, the failure... this is what it's suppose to look like...
Really Yummy looking right!?  Triple Chocolate Chunk Muffins

This is what mine turned out looking like...
Not that great looking.  See, in the oven they looked great and then once I took them out they collapsed.  I didn't follow the recipe EXACTLY which probably is the reason why they collapsed but they tasted alright.  A little salty tasting but good.  

 

The weird thing is they tasted better cold.  I put them in the fridge because they have greek yogurt in them, but they really did taste better cold.  Interesting huh?

Here's the recipe:
1 3/4 C. Oats
3 Egg Whites
3/4 C Unsweetened Cocoa
1/2 C Unsweetened applesauce
1/2 C. Plain greek yogurt
1/2 tsp. Cream of tartar (or 2 tsp. vinegar)
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Power
1 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Salt
1 C Hot Water
1/2 C. of baking stevia or 1 c. sweetener of choice

























1/2 C. Chocolate Chips



The things that I did differently were that I didn't put any egg whites (I think that's the reason they didn't keep their shape).  I used vinegar and did a half cup of agrave sweetener.  Like I said not too shabby.











Stay Tuned for the Success!





















                           








No comments:

Post a Comment