Thursday, April 11, 2013

Getting Wet

A few weeks ago Chris and I traveled down to Orlando on the Youth Temple Trip.  SO many youth attended it was so great.  Driving down I-10 you can see the sun was popping out behind the clouds.  This picture doesn't even describe how awesome the sky actual looked.


We arrived at the temple around 12:30 but the session wasn't until about 2p.m. however, thank goodness we got there at that time because there was SOOO many family names to get in order.  All the family file names were from people in the ward and we had over 300 baptisms to get done. 


Now I say WE because well... I got wet myself this time.  There were only 8 young women and only 6 were going to do baptisms, however, there were about 180 or so sister names that needed to get done.  So Sister Delp, Stone, Neely Be'y, and myself all decided to for go doing an endownment session and get wet ourselves.  It was such a wonderful experience.  I couldn't believe how much work we got done.  I forgot how exciting it was. 

Before the session began President and Sister Tilton of the Temple Presidency talked with us and Sister Tilton said something that really stuck with me.  She said that in the temple we are not just helping an individual we are helping to put back families.  I have always known that in the back of my mind... but that's it, in the back of my mind.  How true is that though?  Temple work is not just doing the work for one person but helping that one person to then be sealed for time and all eternity to their family. 

This trip Chris also got wet and was baptized for his father and a few ancestors as well.  It was a wonderful thing to be able to see Chris perform that ordinance for his father.  I am sure his father is very grateful for it too.

Following the session we headed over to our hotel room, checked in, and then went over to our good friends who use to live here in Tallahassee.  It was so great to see them and have dinner and catch up.

The following morning we had breakfast and headed up to the temple again for our shift.  It was a busy day!  We were a little short handed on temple workers but so much work was able to get done.  Chris was in the baptistery and the Thomasville Ward from our stake was there and had over 500 names to do themselves too!


All in All a fabulous weekend with lots of amazing temple work completed.  Many many people on the other side were blessed and happy those days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment