Tuesday, November 1, 2011


Hello Blogger World! I am FINALLY getting a new post out to you all.  This post is all about our trip to Utah.  I know I made it sound like the new post was expressing some new exciting news... ::cough cough:: a baby.  But unfortunately this is not the case.  But this trip was super exciting and totally on impulse.

We knew about in August that Chris's best friend Stephen Jones would be getting married in and around October.  Stephen and Chris have been friends since childhood and their families have been close for a long time.  Stephen also was the one who introduced Chris to the gospel and what a blessing that is, especially in my life =).  So for weeks we debated whether or not we should go.  Well, I had class on Fridays at the time and so I wasn't going to be able to go but maybe Chris could go by himself.  Being Chris's stubborn self he wouldn't go without me.  Our decision was no.  However, Chris just wanted to go SOO bad and he made the decision that he would just go by himself.  He called Stephen and let him know he was coming.  Then Chris forgot about trying to get off from work. He asked his boss if he could get some work off around the last week of September.  It got to about a week before the wedding (October 14th) and Chris didn't think he got any time off so he called Stephen and said that he wasn't coming.  Pretty much a day or two after he talked to Stephen his boss said that he got Friday and Saturday off.  SWEET!

Now, we had to decide should be drop the amount of money to go to Utah or use it for our new home.  Chris really wanted to go and he felt that he needed to be there for his best friend.  He was there for Chris in so many ways and he came to our wedding so it was set we're going.  It turned out great because my dad and step mom live in Sandy so we had a place to stay and drivers.  We hadn't seen my dad since February so we were excited for this opportunity.

We didn't tell Stephen that we were coming AT ALL.  Chris even talked to him the day before his wedding and said he was sorry that we couldn't make it and all that jazz.  Thursday night we left at about 9:30p.m. to head over to Jax.  Our awesome friend Andrew let us stay the night and then he took us to the airport at 4:45a.m. for our 6:00a.m. flight.  The Sealing was at noon and we got in at 11:50a.m. so after my dad picked us up we headed right over to Temple Square.  Stephen's family knew we were coming except him and so we waited outside for the newly married couple to come out.
I made these awesome signs on the plane for them to see on their way out of the Temple

He was SO surprised.  It was totally worth it!

That evening was the reception in Alpine.  After we surprised him my dad took us back to his home and we settled in and then he took us to Cafe Rio! Very yummy.  Then we picked up Bobbi (my step mom) from work after we got ready and they took us over to the reception. 

Danni and Stephen Jones

We had such a wonderful time and the reception was beautiful.  We had lots of fun.  Poor Chris though forgot a belt and a shirt for the reception so we had to make a quick trip to Target.  He doesn't like packing fast. HAHA.  But he got a really nice shirt and super cool reversible belt out of it. 

Saturday morning we were up early with my dad and Bobbi and out the door by 7:30a.m. to go to the Salt Lake Temple to do some temple work.  We did some of our family files.  It was a wonderful experience.  The Salt Lake Temple is just unbelievable.  An experience that all who can make it there should!  I love the Orlando Temple and it will always be "my" temple but SLC Temple is just so beautiful and an experience in and of it's self.  The spirit is so strong in the temple and I just couldn't help but think of all those beyond the vail who are waiting for their work to be done and how important it is for those of us who have the privilege to do go to the temple for us to do their work.

My Dad and Bobbi =)

We got home around noon one o'clock and that evening Bobbi's family was coming over for pizza so Dad, Bobbi, and I went to Costco to pick up some pizzas and my first trip to Ikea!  Never been to one before so I was super excited to go.  Chris works every Saturday so he just wanted to stay home and watch football.  On the way home I was saying that I bet we'll walk in and he'll be dead asleep.  Well...

I was right =)

That evening Chris and I got to finally meet Bobbi's two sons, daughter in law, and her parents.  It was a lovely evening.  We woke up Sunday morning and my dad made us some pancakes before we made our way to the airport for our 10:00a.m. flight.  

I was so happy we made the decision to go.  Even though it was expensive we were able to have memories that we will always remember.  Hope you enjoyed this post.  I'm hoping to post another good one about Halloween.  Stay tuned! 


  1. I love that you got to go to Utah for Stephen's wedding... so cool! You both look darling, by the way. I'm totally digging the bangs!

  2. always fun to do a spontaneous trip! Glad you got to go and the weather looked great!

  3. Those are some really good pictures of you, Kendal!! Also, it's way awesome that you guys surprised him!! That's a big surprise to pull off.

  4. yay for spontaneity! that's so awesome you guys got to surprise them on their big day! and i'm glad chris got to lounge on a saturday, poor kid. i want to do a session at the slc temple so bad!!!

  5. what at fun trip! So neat that y'all surprised Stephen! I bet his face when he saw y'all was priceless:) You look so cute, Kendall. I love the pictures of you in the red sweater with Chris at the temple! Sometimes we just have to fly by the seat of our pants...it's so fun! Yes, the trip WAS totally worth it:)