Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nursery

You want to know what's the best calling to become really tired after church and then take a nap and not feel bad about it... NURSERY!  Seriously I have never felt so tired after church in my life, since my new calling in Nursery.  Being the primary chorister never made so tired.  I'm really loving nursery.  I was nervous at first that I was going to not like being around other people like in Sunday School and Relief Society but so far I'm doing really well.  Sister Brock and Elizabeth Tew are SO SO awesome and help out a lot.  Plus, Chris is in there a lot of the time too which is great too. The kids love that he's there.  I have made a few little things and I thought I would share them.

This is a sign that I have outside the door on the wall.

The lesson title is on a magnet so I can change it each week.

This is just a little sign with all the kids names.  Since we'll be loosing four at the beginning of next year I just taped all the names on.  I got the little animals at a Dollar Tree in the teacher's section.  I thought they were pretty cool.  Plus I got 32 of each in a packet.

I have set up a strict schedule so the kids learn to have a schedule so when they get into Primary they'll be a little more prepared.  This depicts our activities of the day.  There are two clean up times but just had room for one.  But you get the idea.

So once we're done with on the the scheduled items we close the little flap and it shows that it's done.  I actually saw this on Pintrest but it was for teaching a child daily home tasks so I just converted it for church.  I thought it came out pretty well.

These are just a few of the ideas that I have actually put into action.  I have lots more I just need the time to get them done!  School will be over in less than a month so I'll have more time to get them done.

1 comment:

  1. What great ideas! I've been a nursery worker since we moved down here and I love getting to spend time with those kids! Some days are crazy, don't get me wrong but they are such sweet spirits!

    ReplyDelete